Lets talk about fangirls(and fanboys)today.
We all know them. That one friend of ours who doesn’t believe in the concept of ‘liking’ things and is a perpetual ‘obsesser’. They speak a queer tongue, go from happy to sad in a nanosecond, let out screams and shrieks without warning, spend unhealthy amounts of time on the internet and completely befuddle the rest of us, the ‘normal’ human beings.I, as a representative of the aforementioned ‘species’ am happy to introduce this series aimed at understanding your friendly(They are, if you do it right)neighbourhood fangirl.
A rabid breed of human female who is obsessed with either a fictional character, book series, movie, band, singer or an actor or even, food. They are similar to the breed of fanboys. Fangirls congregate on the internet, in concerts, at conventions and at book stores.
How to identify a fangirl?
Now that you know what a fangirl is, it’s time to apply that knowledge. The following are a few indicative factors to identify a fangirl :-
- Speaking in incomplete sentences(I can’t even) and using absurd words.(Ship.)
- Shrieking, screaming or crying incessantly, without warning and for no huge reason.
- Heavy and unhealthy usage of the internet.
- Them being too ‘busy ‘to go out while they are home doing seemingly nothing.
- Being slightly(varying amounts of slightly, that is) excited about most things.
- Staying up late at night to finish books.
- Their rooms being a shrine to their object of affection.(It’s a whole new world there.)
- Them being very attached to said shrines.
- Them owning clothing and accessories to do with their affections and obsessions.
For the next post in the series click here.